End of the Year Writing Reflection


As a writer, at the beginning of the year, I believed that a great essay contained a lot of background information but I was misinformed on how to use this within essays. Instead, what I would do is just merely summarize the text as shown in my colonial essay written in October, Mrs.Nagi told me to "condense some of this retelling of the process for more analysis" much of my essays contained loads of retelling with little analysis and this was a habit that I started off at the beginning of the year. My essay structure and openers were always good and I was able to show good organization skills throughout the years. A common problem within my essay that was not fixed to my full abilities was grammar and standard English conventions, I misspelled also of words throughout my essay and this should of have been because it made it hard for my essay to be read and it took away professionalism from my essay.

A passage that showed how my writing improved was the rhetorical analysis written by Leonard Dicaprio. My summarization and analysis were many clearers. The only thing that remained constant for me throughout the year was how it was difficult for me to write words correctly, my spelling was lacking and I had a lot of misspelled words. My thesis and analysis did improve and they were more detailed and contained more iformation. Throughout the year I felt that I was able to think more academically and get a better understanding of how my essays are supposed to look. I also learned this school year how to analysis works better and read and write at a more academic level. I also learned bigger components of literary terms and how to analyze and use rhetoric throughout essays.


Date
Topic
AP score
Strength
Challenge
2/1
Ap essay libraries
6
Good thesis
Bad and short analyzation
3/1
In class essay on polite speech
5
Good organization and hook
Lots of grammar errors and thesis was vague
3/22
Creativity in schools
5
Good evidence use and examples
Bad analysis and did not really connect to thesis
4/16
Rewrite
5
Good analysis and thesis
Need more academic writing and make sure to proofread
4/20
Sustainable eating synthesis essay
6
Good argument
Not all sources were explained or cited
4/30
Climate change speech
6
Good evidence and analysis of rhetorical themes
Make sure to proofread and have a concrete thesis
5/8
Argument essay
5
Good ideas but not alot of examples
Did not really give clear examples and just briefly stated them

 

Date
Topic
Score
Strength
Challenge
1/29
AP Practice
test
24/52
46%
Main Idea
Rhetoric, Form
2/13
Farmer
7/10
70%
mode
Rhetoric, Definition
3/5
AP Practice
3/10
30%
Rhetoric
Definition, literary devices
3/19
AP Lang Practice
7/10
70%
Style and evidence
Tone and purpose
4/23
AP lang practice
7/10
70%
Rhetoric
Definition, mode
5/9
AP MCP practice
22/32
68%
Purpose, Form
Main Idea, Form

For my final conclusion, my writing improved a lot within the analysis and rhetoric that I used and I was able to learn a lot on how good organization skills work. Yet, when it came to grammar and definitions I felt that I still need work within both my writing and reading. I hope to fix these in the future and learn more about organizing my writing.

Comments

  1. Wow Adriana, Im impressed!!! Great work this year I know you are smart and will for sure improve your organization of your writing! I loved your retyped charts as well very Organized;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Three Englishes

The deceleration of a Junior

A Modest Proposal on Body Standards